CREATING AN E-MAIL ACCOUNT:
The following instructions are for Yahoo, Hotmail instructions are on a separate sheet:
1. Type Yahoo.com in the information box at the top of the page. (It is not necessary to type the full URL Yahoo.) Then click “Enter”.
2. Click on Personalize (the button on the right-hand side of the large Yahoo banner at the top of the screen).
3. Click “Need Help Signing In?” (on the left-hand side of the screen, above Portfolios).
4. Are You a New User? Click on “Sign-up form”.
5. Choose a Yahoo I.D. (“we” plus a mixture of seven or fewer numerals and letters). Example: my Yahoo I.D. is: webirdesq. “we” stands for ‘W’ednesday ‘E’vening’s internet research class.
6. Choose a password that you can remember. Write it in your notebook. Type in the password, and type it again to confirm that you have typed it correctly.
7. Scroll down the page and fill in the rest of the required information.
8. Review the terms of service, in particular, the rules regarding proper use and privacy.
9. Click the “Submit the Form” button at the bottom of the page.
10. Always sign out of Yahoo completely before leaving your computer!!!
Manually adding links to your Yahoo Bookmarks:
1. In the Location box, type bookmarks.yahoo.com
2. Click Add Bookmark
3. Type in the URL of the link you’d like to add
4. Choose a title for your link, and type it in the “Site Name” box
5. Click “Save”
6. Create a New Folder to file your bookmarks in
Click New Folder
Choose a name and type it in the Folder Name box